Walk-up NMR user instructions for ThermoFisher
The picospin tabletop NMR instruments utilize an injection system for samples rather than the usual 5mm NMR tubes. The instrument also has a web-based interface for control and processing. Here are some instructions to get a quick spectrum of your sample:
- Fill a 1mL plastic syringe approximately half way. Be sure to remove any air bubbles that may be present.
- Check to make sure a filter is properly connected and a collection flask is at the "out" port.
- Slowly inject your sample into the "in" port until you observe a few drops coming out of the "out" port.
- Go to the picospin page of the web browser interface
- Select the Files option.
- Select the Standard Run option.
- Click Use these settings at run.
- The Run page will appear.
- Check the transmitter frequency and set the scans.
- Click Start Run.
- Process spectra with MNova, which is included with the product.