Walk-up NMR user instructions for Jeol
Jump to navigation Jump to search
If you need to use a Jeol NMR instrument for a liquid sample, here are some instructions to get a quick spectrum of your sample. Samples for most Jeol high frequency magnets use regular 5mm NMR tubes.
- Note these are for Delta v. 3.2, later versions have a more compact user interface that is more user friendly.
- Log in to the workstation.
- Click on the Delta icon on the desktop.
- Click the Spectrometer Control button (looks like a magnet) in the Delta window.
- The spectrometer control window will open.
- Click the yellow Connect button in the spectrometer control window to ensure that the software is controlling the instrument.
- Click the Sample button in the spectrometer control window to open the Sample Tool window (example here).
- Click the eject icon (red arrow).
- Switch samples
- Click the load (green arrow).
- Select the Solvent for your sample.
- Click the autolock button (blue lock icon with auto written on it).
- Wait for lock to change from working to idle (yellow to green).
- Adjust phase to maximize lock signal.
- Adjust Z1 and Z2 buttons to maximize lock signal.
- Go back to the spectrometer control window and click the Expmnt button.
- The window that opens varies depending on the version and the accessories, but you select the experiment here, add filename and other details.
- Go back to the spectrometer control window and click the green GO button.
- Processing of the run depends on the version and accessories.