Walk-up NMR user instructions for Anasazi
If you need to use a Anasazi NMR instrument for a liquid sample, here are some instructions to get a quick spectrum of your sample. Samples for most Anasazi instruments use regular 5mm NMR tubes.
- Open the PNMR program.
- The PNMR prompt, at the bottom left-hand corner of the PNMR program, indicates the nucleus that is set to observe. It should be H1> to observe proton. If not, enter nu H1 on the command line.
- Lift the lid on the magnet to reveal the sample compartment
- Press the EJECT button on the controls and remove the old sample.
- Remove the old sample from the spinner and insert your sample.
- Insert the tube with the spinner into the black depth gauge on the front of the magnet until the button of the tube hits the bottom of the gauge.
- Place the sample/spinner on top of the probe so that it floats.
- Press INJECT on the controls and wait for the sample to drop into the magnet and start spinning.
- If the sample does not start spinning, press INJECT again, repeat until the sample spins
- Close the lid on the sample compartment
- Type shim on the command line to shim the magnet.
- Type NS on the command line to change the number of scans, such as NS 16.
- Type zg on the command line to start the experiment. A pop-up window appears and asks for a file name, then the experiment begins.
- Use the fo command to set the reference once the experiment is complete.
Here is a nice image showing a sample insertion for this instrument: